November 3, 2010

Developing Roots

From Kuhuks Visit to Jim Corbett National Park


I always feel that an individual is like a tree. Wherever he goes he needs to develop roots so as to be able to stand upright. By developing roots I mean, the individual needs to visit the hinterlands of the area he is moved to, so that he is able to aclimatize himself with the surroundings.

I have recently moved to Varanasi with a new assignment and now at times I do get time to sit back an realize. Realize, the opportunities I enjoy of being able to develop roots in so many different parts of this great country India. I have travelled out of my home since 1994 but it was when I joined MBA at Indore that I started realizing the importance of developing these roots.

During those days my grandfather was staying at Jhansi, at my uncle's and I used to visit them quite often. Once I remember, my grandfather mentioning to me that even the trees in around Jhansi do not seem familiar to what we had been accustommed of seeing at Allahabad. It was then I made a resolve to make myself familiar to the surrounding flora and fauna of wherever I dwell.

Since then I have stayed at so many places for work from Indore to Kolkata to Pune to Delhi to Bangalore to back to Delhi. My stay at Kolkata was short and thus I was not able to develop roots around the place but I can proudly say that I have loved each and every place I worked or each and every place I could develop roots.

2 comments:

  1. very nicely written bhaiya- would love to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meticulously written with great zeal and purpose to be well thought for sir..keep writing sir .my best wishes are always with you

    ReplyDelete